• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing a m101a1 with civvy truck

BSH

What do you intend to do with your trailer? Will it be a home utility trailer, always pulled behind your civvy truck(s)? Or will you be getting a deuce, CUCV, etc.?

By way of example, I don't anticipate that I'll have a mil truck anytime in the foreseeable future, and I want the trailer for just hauling stuff. I'm going to take the existing wiring harness completely out of my M101 and put a new 12V system in. If I thought I was getting a mil truck, I might do a bulb swap, or rig up new lights to the existing harness.

Mike_Pop

Stock 12 volt bulbs are #1156 with one filament, #1157 with two filaments. If you keep the 24 volt bulbs, they will be dim.

deucebigalo

actually i plan on this being solely used right now with my civy truck.....i am replacing the wiring with new wiring for a 12 volt system... i was wondering if it was needed to swapp out the bulbs. i see now that the existing bulbs will not be bright enough. so i have purchased new bulbs #1156 from a local pepboys im picking up the trailer on 2/25/08 from pa and doing the wiring at letterkenny befor i move it out.

isaiah

Re: RE: towing a m101a1 with civvy truck

Mike_Pop said:
Stock 12 volt bulbs are #1156 with one filament, #1157 with two filaments. If you keep the 24 volt bulbs, they will be dim.

I noticed they are very dim while towing with my M1028. So will they will get brighter with the 12 volt bulbs? why is that? :?