• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing a M1061A1

shadow1

I'm looking at buying a M1061A1 trailer for the 5 ton. Can it be safely towed behind a F-250 to bring it home? I know the pindle hatch is higher than my truck, I was wondering if that is going to be a problem ? Thanks

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tow? Yes. Stop it in an emergency? No.

Stopping that thing with a pickup reminds me of a Clint Eastwood movie, Every Which Way but Loose. That's pretty much what it will turn you in a panic stop.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
This question actually comes up probably about once every six months or so.

If it was 20 or 30 miles on flat dry loads at low speed....I'd risk it and drive like a nun. Anything other than that, you already have the answer.

jasonjc

Is it legal , not in most states. Most states require brakes on trailers over 3,500lbs.

If it was me I'd take my 1/2 ton to get. But I'd take my flatbed trailer with brakes , I also know the tires , brakes , bearing and spear tires are all good.

Last edited:

shadow1

You guys are right. I don,t want to hurt anyone by being dumb. The trailer sits in western Montana and that part of the state is not known for its flat land. If it ever stops snowing, I'll get the 5 ton out and use that.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to go recover my M1061A1 from my parents house 540 miles away. This spring Ill be driving out there to go get it. its just safer and I love driving the deuce. So its all good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks