• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TOWING A M35A3 from TN to MD. CDL NEEDED?

Alredneck

Banned
TN has a personal use exemption, so as long as its not a commercial adventure, ( bill of ladeling, etc ) shouldnt have no problems. Stay out of NC as they also have the same exemption but they dont care they just want your money.

greenjeepster

Also, when they list it a "did not start", they ONLY jump in and hit the start button. .
I am aware of that, but it also means it got towed in and not driven; which means it could have anything wrong with it. I don't mind taking a risk that a gear is out of an A2, I can limp that home. If that Allison is bad there is no limping home. Then he has the cost of the flight, plus has to hire a trucking company on very short notice.

If he comes off of base into KY he will head north through Henderson and pick up WKP to BGP and his first scale is going to be either on I 75 north or I 64 E Right out side of Lexington.

We have a Hunting lease in Cadiz KY which is just off of base. It is handy because the deer are so used to artillery fire you can shoot at them 3-4 times and they don't even look up:p (that is a jab at my hunting partner)

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thaks for all the input guys,
Sorry i did ot respond faster..I was on vacation. I will hire a trucker to pick it up..I have hauled deuces with in 100 miles or so with no problems. My truck pulls them fine. The A3 weighs 14K. I have had a 20,000 lb backhoe on my trailer...That made it creek a bit and the f350 was hurting pulliing it up a hill..Started to bounce on an overpass & finnally stoped. I wont be hauling my backhow anymore without a dumptruck pulling a different 15 ton trailer.
My trailer did fine, and was not hurt. Guess because it was made in Canada.. I Haul 2 cars around and 3 cars sometimes on my way to SAAC meets across the country with no problems..Maybe i been lucky..Dont want ot drive it, buy the time i get it home it needs new front tires..I will pay the piper..
Thanks again.!..
Kevin..

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you have made a very wise decision. In my mind, any way you look at it, your pickup and trailer, are overloaded with the A3, if not legally, but literally. Even when little stuff goes wrong, things can get very messy. I have been stopped so many times, even when I think I'm legal, and those Guys can always find something to complain about. Even if they just put you "out of service", it can be costly to fix the problem, along the road.

Lee in Alaska

ken326@yahoo.com

IN PA towing over 10k needs a cdl class a business or personell i have ticket to prove it. i hauled 11000 pounds of wall blocks with my f250. pulled over and fined. be careful