• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing advice for baggage trailer (not an MV)

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

This fall I purchased three flat utility trailers (48" wide x 114") similar to those used behind tugs at an Air Force base. I am trying to figure out how to tow them around my property with a normal truck. They have lunette rings and an extremely short throw. My concern is turning and ruining the bumper on my F150.

I know I can weld extensions and replace the lunettes but I was thinking that there might be other alternatives - something that doesn't involve lots of $$s and time.

Thanks in advance for your help!

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Sir. We looked at this right after you posted. A bit concerned that the hitch frame will get torqued. After you posted the link, I found a lunette adapter. Also requires fabrication but that puts the weak end away from my truck. The upside with doing something like this is that I only would have to do one and then take it from trailer to trailer.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Sir. We looked at this right after you posted. A bit concerned that the hitch frame will get torqued. After you posted the link, I found a lunette adapter. Also requires fabrication but that puts the weak end away from my truck. The upside with doing something like this is that I only would have to do one and then take it from trailer to trailer.
The military has a lunette extender that bolts to the lunette , nut it only adds a little over the length of the lunette. They come up on the rip-off auction site . I think beltfed on there had one listed awhile back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks