• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing info for the bigger trucks

R Racing

Got the Adapter modeled up. Waiting on cost of material. They will start off as a big honkin blocks 6" X 5" X 10 " LOL could take a while 2 whiddle it down. will try and get tool paths post this week if possible . I have 4 recovery missions between tomorrow and this weekend .:cookoo:

3dAngus

Got the Adapter modeled up. Waiting on cost of material. They will start off as a big honkin blocks 6" X 5" X 10 " LOL could take a while 2 whiddle it down. will try and get tool paths post this week if possible . I have 4 recovery missions between tomorrow and this weekend .:cookoo:
Now that you have the template, and have it modeled up, do you have a feel for what the prices will be on a set? You can PM me on this if it works better for you.

3dAngus

R Racing,

Does the adapter Ron sent you look like the one DaveP put up pictures of.
It has twin clevices on each end, turns 90 degrees. and is 1.5" on one twin clevice, with 1" on the other twin clevice, while having a bow in it for the 1".
You can see what I'm talking about on DaveP' pictures at the bottom of page one here on this thread.

That is the one that would work the best. If different, please let me know.

R Racing

It looks Identical to the 1 pictured on here. I need to know what the material will cost and a ruff tool life after the paths have been generated so were about half way there to getting a price.

Derrickl112

It looks Identical to the 1 pictured on here. I need to know what the material will cost and a ruff tool life after the paths have been generated so were about half way there to getting a price.
wow, this is all happening much faster than i thought it would. good job.

3dAngus

Thanks for the response.
Sooooo.... now, I wondering if anybody has a 1.5" to 3/4" adapter. I know they make them, but not sure if they are on the market through GL yet.

Not sure about the footprint on the CUCV either, but it sure is small on the deuce hookup.
The pickup extends out from the bumper with good clearance. I can even get my 1.5" around it, or at least on the one at Robins I tested with. But the Blazer is something I never looked at yet.

I'm assuming any 3/4" adapter clevice end would be compatible with both vehicles.
Can anyone confirm this?

R Racing

Hi guys, been a crazy week. The model is complete. I have material costs, But haven't been able to get the tool paths done. Went to do the recovery last Friday of the M920 and even after 6 hrs of trying to jump it wouldnt turn over. Then left the same day to Ohio . Got there at 2 am. was back up sat at 8 am and on our way to Cinncinatti to get the M813 . drove back to eastern Ohio thru snow and ice. Then left Sunday back to MD in snow and ice it was a long ride since the M813 had a leaking steering box and would loose power steering after about 70 miles. Spent a good part of the week working on the M920 to get it running and moving it back to home. It was a bugger but now runs well lol. I have a rush job for the Navy to work on this weekend and hope to have it to them by tuesday or weds and can get full quote done after that. Just to let you know just a block of steel ( raw stock ) to do 1 part not even adding cutter cost is $115.00 each X 2 for a pair.

sorry for the delay.
Jim

Derrickl112

Hi guys, been a crazy week. The model is complete. I have material costs, But haven't been able to get the tool paths done. Went to do the recovery last Friday of the M920 and even after 6 hrs of trying to jump it wouldnt turn over. Then left the same day to Ohio . Got there at 2 am. was back up sat at 8 am and on our way to Cinncinatti to get the M813 . drove back to eastern Ohio thru snow and ice. Then left Sunday back to MD in snow and ice it was a long ride since the M813 had a leaking steering box and would loose power steering after about 70 miles. Spent a good part of the week working on the M920 to get it running and moving it back to home. It was a bugger but now runs well lol. I have a rush job for the Navy to work on this weekend and hope to have it to them by tuesday or weds and can get full quote done after that. Just to let you know just a block of steel ( raw stock ) to do 1 part not even adding cutter cost is $115.00 each X 2 for a pair.

sorry for the delay.
Jim

[thumbzup]

3dAngus

did he come up with a price yet?

He will give us all the details on Monday, and ship the adapter Ron loaned us (me) back to me next week. He has most everything he needs right now and it is all but done where he can get you some numbers after the holidays.