• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing it home

1310monster

Got the clearance on getting my m819 out of Ft. Knox. Look like it's going to be a hired out job to a HD wrecker service. Is there a stashed page of what to do to pull it? Thought about taking an axle out of each rear axle....Any help appreciated.

Rocky

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes they will elevate the front to tow so to save that xcase pull drive shafts for sure. hope you get it home with not much problems

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ditto to Tim's comments.

1310monster

I learned years ago that putting a truck in neutral with a 5 spd. isn't good enough. Last one we tried that with, the trans. exploded in a million piece before we got it home. So, unless these military trucks have something in the driveline that allows freewheeling, I'm going to take something out for sure. I know they pull them around with towbars but apparently pulling something 40 mile or hour is different than hooking it to a big wrecker and dragging it 70 down the interstate.

Rocky

1310monster

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Why don't you drive it home? This is an intra-state move.

Missing parts. No seats. I thin it has a few things gone off the engine like missing hoses. It was sold as scrap so It's going to need worked over.