• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing m353 w/o air brakes?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I have a dump bed mounted on mine. With the pickup, I haul it empty and do fine. The axle is set back enough that there is plenty of tongue weight and stopping isn't an issue. I doubt that a 353 with an mep002 will give you any trouble at all. If you are so inclined, you could always add a surge brake pintle and have functioning brakes.
Thanks. Can you provide a link to such a pintle :)

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Update: Waiting on EUC to clear, creeping up on the 30 day mark. Hope MacDill is a good GL site and i don't go to pick it up finally only to find a pair of rims :)

Scrounge41

I picked up two 353's (stacked one on the other) from MacDill in December and drove them home with a 3/4 ton Dodge to St. Aug. I hope your schedule is flexible, because the GL rep is only at the site like one day every other week. Another guy picked up one with a Jeep cherokee. He had a pintle plate jacked all the way up and the flip up front wheels on the trailer just barely cleared the ground. Sketchy.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Now that your EUC has been approved, please contact the applicable site location
personnel to make an appointment for pick-up.!!!

Finally :)

Now I need to make a list of tools to take with me, I re-checked and it is 76 miles away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks