• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing m936a2

6X6WES

Need to pick up a 5 ton wrecker and was wondering what reducible height means? At 10 foot high shur is close to the hieght limit. I got acess to a detach trailer and a big wrecker i need to go 300 miles and would rather flat bed it but my guy is thinking it will be to tall (13.6) trailer is 3 ft high ? Anybody trailered one of these big boys? Thanks wes

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I towed one home on a m270 trailer that is 4ft high. However, it was not on super singles, and it didn't have a top, or exhaust on it. I believe it was close to 13ft that way. If you have convoy lights or wrecker spades on top of the boom it could be too high. Reducible height is for shipping on ships and rail. It is how short you can make it by removing the exhaust, cab top and anything else sticking up above the boom. That is your only limit that can't be changed.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had my M936 shipped from GA to KY on a step deck trailer , rotating beacons were in the from seat, hard top and exhaust stack remained installed, I believe the lowest reduce height was 9' 6". MDMorgan loaded it out and had a video of it crawling up on the trailer. The boom will be lower than the exhaust.

Moto2four

On the regular 939s you can remove the soft top, the muffler, and intake stack to shorten the truck a bit. I dont know how high the wreckers crane sticks up above the hood.

6X6WES

Thanks guys for your input my guy is taking a landall or a dettach trailer and we figured he would need to remove the becon and mabey the exhaust top but hopefully nothing elese. This is the first of many and should help me with building some dueces. Cant wait will be here tommorow woo hoo ! Guess ive been bit by the green metal gods. No turning back now!

fasttruck

I have moved 809 and 939 series trucks to include the wreckers on both rgn and landol trailers. In one case the convoy lights were n telescoping poles and had to be slid to the lowest position to keep whole thing under 13.5' on a 36" high trailer. Left exhaust and cab on. Same with M932 with cargo bows up. Measure everything before you deliver a bridge.

6X6WES

100_8360.jpg100_8361.jpg100_8361.jpg:p she got here no problems nothing had to come off i wish it wasnt so late and dark i want to play with my new toy. Thanks guys wes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks