• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing the Tank Truck - Pics

Stouttrout

And I would know this HOW, maybe by ESP?
I'm glad you didn't tow that way I just hope nobody get the ideas from your picture that is a safe way of doing it. Wayne
"?" Behind a sentence works wonders:D

I would hope , and think that anyone attempting to flat tow a Deuce would have some common sense and know that pin halfway out or one that does fit right is not good to use. The red and black one was used even though too long. Luckily it did not cause any problems. The originally pins head was worn to a point that I was not comfortable with. Axle bindings would be awesome to have with this long bar but the angle of the bar would be too far off with the super singles on the other truck and it would have Pushed up on the rear. Not good when flat towing anything.

FlatlinesUp

Thank you for taking the time to post the pics of your tow and good score man.
Hope you have fun w/your new truck

*100% non argumentative if not grammatically correct ;)

Stouttrout

Thank you for taking the time to post the pics of your tow and good score man.
Hope you have fun w/your new truck

*100% non argumentative if not grammatically correct ;)
True. I was paying more attention to picking up my little girl and not what I typed. Also, my fingers are too big for that little keyboard. I can barely see it. I really hate technology like this. It is my ball and chain.

emr

I thinks U have a medium tow bar, they are out there that are a full lentgh and not adjustable., the hemmilt tow bars are like 350 and more in weight and need special feet that are wayyyy hard to come by, they are huge, there are feet out there for the hemmitt or tanker bar that down size to a humvee or a 3/4 pin, they are in current use , but the one inch pin from a hemmitt/tanker bar is a hens teeth thing, and i would pay handsomely for a set.... , BUT STILL THE COOLEST EVER!! thanks for the pics, LOVE your truck and trucks too... I really love the tankers, wish I had one,

Stouttrout

I do not think there is anything wrong it. They were trying to start it with small 6 volt batteries. 2 year ago it was driven from fort Polk to were it sat. This bar uses a 1 1/8" pin.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sour lake? That's not far away. Good looking truck. There are a few SS members in beaumont. Did the county have that truck?

emr

That is the big pin, U must have the adapters I want and neeeed sooooo bad, from the 11/8 to 1 inch on the truck, would love to see a close up pic or two if u do not mind... :)

emr

Yea newmvguy and I would love some shots of that tow bar and the ends, if U do not mind, I have one but lack the ends U have, need to make em I guess..... after looking at it again, it is a thicker neast than I thought before...[thumbzup]

Stouttrout

I will take some pics for you. May not be till tomorrow sometime. I have already taken off and put it up n the shop.

Isn't the M50 a water?

This is the M49A2C I believe with the 1000 fuel tank on the rear. yes non-turbo too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks