• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing

jag7720

If you are at all unsure which line is the line from the tranny and which is the return line, start with a cold engine and tranny and start the engine. Within a few seconds the line coming from the tranny to the radiator will feel warm. That'll positively ID it. It'll also show how fast tranny heat builds up and make a tranny cooler believer out of you.Lance
Wouldn't the supply line be the top and the return be the bottom on the radiator?

That would make sense because if the level got slightly low and the return was on the top then it cold suck air.... (hmmm... maybe... ) and it would be pulling the hottest oil from the top back to the tranny.

dunedigger

I just set up my M1009 for towing my 15' travel trailer. Put in a frame hitch and brake controller. I don't plan on going fast but will be about 175 mi each way. I plan on getting a tranny cooler too but not in time for my first trip. I'll have to get my trailer weighed but I don't think it's that much. It does have electric brakes on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks