• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Track loader recovery with uphill tow

pa.rich

My loader starter, quit working late last year, was downhill about 400 feet down a steep hill. I wanted it up at the garage to fix it, needed air tools and droplite etc. Brought two of my strongest chains and the M51A2 down and hitched it up to the front frame of the truck and pulled it backwards. The truck got as far as the spot where it got steeper and just dug ten holes with the wheels. I unhitched and brought the truck over to a dirt pile and loaded it with the excavator. Rehitched and pulled it up to the garage. It is a Case 850 all dead weight. That was a test for the dumper. What a great truck. Got the engine cleaned down, removed the starter and took it to the repair shop.Was a good day. :D It was pedal to the metal going up that hill, and she pulled like a champ. Wifey was very happy to see the progress. I need that loader to finish the project. 8)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
go put it back down hill then do a reenactment so we can have some PICS

pa.rich

Man!! I was alone, no one around. As usual I have to do everything myself. My wife was extremely nervous abt it so I did it when she wasnt around. Soooo, thats why no pics. When I get the big ole beast loader running again, I will bring it down the hill and hook a chain on it and take a picture, O.K.? What would really be cool is video but I havent learned that yet. When I pulled this machine up the hill it followed obediently the rpm's were boss and I was not lettin up on it,if was to slow down it may have been over. I was in reverse and I could watch the machine towing it that way and it went very well. Snapped one bolt off the bumper to chassis connector. Other than that no damage. 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks