• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tracked Cargo Trailer

wehring

I started the tracked trailer today. Will wrap it up tomorrow. I am:
1. Adding a cargo bed (deuce 12' bed)
2. Modifying the bed to fit between the trailer rails (sits too high)
3. Turning around the tracks so the tread is going the right way
4. Upgrading to alloy wheels to match the look of the XM474 road wheels
5. Paint it sand tan

Here are some pics.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

paradeduty

Awesome Justin!!

Are you going to polish up the ones on the 474 too! (just kidding) This is going to be cool taking the gang out on the town. Really neat "adapter" tracks on that trailer. Really simple tension/installation adjustment.

Dave

wehring

Parade on Sat...

As with most of my off-the-wall ideas.... this one was born out of necessity. We have a parade on Sat that kicks off our county fair. It looks like we will have more folks show up to ride than the 474 can carry alone. The only logical solution was to make a matching trailer.

"polish to match" --- you have no idea how hard it is to refrain from putting chrome caps on each sprocket/wheel stud. I saw this on Bigfoot Fastraxx when I was a kid and I loved it. It gives you a great visual in that the undercarriage looks "busy" as it passes. Solid road wheels just look too plain.

Parade pics to follow...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

done

Completed the trailer just in time for the parade. Dropped it down ~7".

The parade went well but we had some no shows. Still a lot of fun.

Got to shoot with some Scouts this afternoon. Something about tannerite and stuffed animals is always a hit.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

scouts...

More on the scouts shooting day. If any of you work with kids and shooting sports I built a tool that will help improve their experience. It does little to teach skills but it sure gives them a lot of joy. We had 100% tannerite hit (average age was 9) count because of the ground mount I adapted to accept a rail interface. You can mount any rail gun to it and there is windage and elevation in the tripod.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

eagle4g63

Also I like your trailer idea looks great...........was the axle always like that? The rest of the trailer looks like my M200..........just with a different axle set up

wehring

M200a1

It is an M200A1 with a Caterpillar produced conversion kit. You replace the hub with the boggies and track on each side.

Justin

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dig that tripod idea. Is that a one-off or are there more? It's like a bench rest but way cooler.

wehring

Tripod

I was simply offering an idea to the good folks on here that also work with kids. I generally tie up more time/money into my pet projects than the market place will support. I am not interested in building one to sell but I will gladly share info on how I made this one. I have ~$2500 in materials and 20 hours tied up into this build. The tripod is titanium.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Chief_919

Nice job!

I need to get hopping with my tracked M200, get the tracks back on it, and mount the M58 MICLIC on it.

If you ever want to put it back original with a MICLIC on it, I have a couple here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks