• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tracked vehicle South of Sacramento, CA

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jones, when I left your place, you mentioned that there was a tracked vehicle West of the I-5 interstate, perhaps 50-100 miles from you.
Well I thought it might be an M548, but it wasn't, it was larger, at least as seen from the freeway. Perhaps it was one of these (image)....

Attachments

Jones

Yeah Bjorn, that one is huge. Definately larger than a weasel. It looks as wide as a HMMWV is long. I may try to find my way into it on my next trip to Stockton. If the owner is friendly I'll take a picture or two and try and ID it. May also be civilian too; like a Thiokol or late Sno-Cat.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
You may consider the possibility the vehicle is a M8A1 high speed tractor....looks similar, but much larger.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

ONTOS66

Without a photo of the vehicle in question this becomes a game like the 3 blind men describing an elephant. At least a decent physical description - support rollers or not (the carrier shown does not have support rollers), number of road wheels, spacing between them - even or not, type of track, and on and on. Then we can narrow it down and possibly corner the beast.

Jones

Will try to get some pictures to post. So far, from freeway speed, it looks as though it's almost flat-faced; not like the carrier pictured. Also that the cab is a separate assembly from whatever bed/body/? was behind it and not just chopped off. More later.