• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tractor almost done !

m.walker

I got this at the Manhattan,Ks. auction . It's almost converted back to a tractor , what do you think ? I had glossy on the black , it didn't look good . The flat don't look right either , maybe wrought iron black ? I have the mirror mounts to paint , the cat walk and pogo stick to mount , convoy lights , and LED taillights then it's done ! I love it !

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Tractor almost done !

Very Nice it is from the days when the Army bought the TMP fleet instead of the current lease agreements that are breaking the bank. Very nice find and some shots of the motor would be cool. Are you going to add ramps to the back leading up to the fifth wheel? It is a very desirable tractor for anyone with a 6 ton van trailer. I think it would be challenged pulling my M127.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

BACK! Everyone, BACK!

Mine, Mine! All MINE!!

(That is, if it ever needs a nice, plush, loving home of course. :mrgreen: )

m.walker

It's got a gas V8 5 speed with a 2 speed rear . I got 10 MPG on the way home when I bought it at the auction . Yes I forgot about the ramps them too . It should pull my M127 as easy as the M750 they are about the same weight . The flatbed will have less wind resistance .Neither trailer will be loaded of course . I'm making a receiver style hitch so I'll have a pintle and ball hitches , this will be for retrieving things bought from auctions or break downs . Maybe a wrecker style front bumper to push things around too . Of course D-ring mounts on the front and a tow bar carried a long . Maybe it's not as close to being done as I thought , well they never are !

Attachments

Alredneck

Banned
RE: engine

Cool Rig if you wernt worried about original it would make a great canidate for a 5.9 cummins, or a 7.3L swap!!! Congrats and good lookn work. Captain

m.walker

RE: Bobtail

It's Walmart exterior grade paint ( OK for metal ), and it's the first time I sprayed it with an airless sprayer for houses . It come out good enough for me , it would have been a lot nicer if I prepped it better and painted it outside . The lighting in the warehouse sucked and not enough room . My next paint job will be better !

m.walker

Got to hook it up and pull something finally ! It actually pulls better than the M52 ( maybe time for a tune up ) . It pulls the M750 easily , I couldn't be happier ! This will be a great truck for what I planned for it . More pics .

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
that is a cool little truck, my guess the reason it pulls better then the m52 is that the m52 has the 1600s, just my 1 cent worth of comment

m.walker

It still pulls up some hills that the M52 lost speed on even with 11x20's , the 16x20's did take some of it's oomph away ! My guess is about the same amount of power but half the weight of the M52 ? The fifthwheel sits 3 inchs lower than a stock M52 , but I didn't want to go any higher in case I need to pull a civilian trailer . It's funny the truck looks real small ( almost pickup like ) in the early pics but looks bigger hooked to a trailer . This truck makes me happier the more I use it , it's a keeper ! I would like it better if it had a 3208 and allison .

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That looks great and I bet it would look sweet too with a sleeper cab on the cheater window. That would make it a real go anywhere to get anything truck. The good thing about the days I did trailer pick ups with my deuce and convertor was I could sleep in the back of the duece. The truck has plenty of room for a small sleeper box.

Looks good as it is too so just my two cents

packman

Well done! It makes a nice change to see something different.
Your correct with the trucks size it is quite deceiving, looks small by itself.
I think its real classy, the paint looks great as well, its a credit to you.

Take care,

Brent

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks