• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tractor - Nebraska to Washington

Hello folks!

I'm buying a large antique tractor out of the Lincoln, Nebraska area. If things go as planned, it's going to need to be moved sometime this summer. There isn't a set time yet so dates are flexible. It will be going from Lincoln, Nebraska to Ridgefield, Washington, about 1,600 miles. The tractor itself weighs around 25-30,000 lbs by my current estimate. As it sits, it is 122" wide, about 240" long, and about 114" tall. A certain degree of disassembly should be possible to bring down overall dimensions but I'd prefer to keep it in one piece. It can also be brought under the standard width limit (102" or even 96") if you have an extra 6-7ft section on your deck. I will be present with a couple friends to help load and unload. Some form of heavy loading winch would be a major plus to help position and load the tractor since it is not running. However, I can hire a tow truck to winch it around if you do not have one.

More information can be provided by contacting me through this thread or the messaging system.

Thank you!
-Ryan

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thank you for the suggestion but I'd rather not deal with a broker. I do not like what I've seen from them and I've had much better experiences dealing directly with people.
Alot of people on uship are owner operators looking for backhauls or just to add to an existing brokered load. Remind you that the uship bids that are submitted do not reflect the 17 percent that uship will take out of it.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Maybe it's just the morning effect but I can't think of any necessary details to add right now. What do you guys want to know? Special dimensions? Details of the immediate surroundings? I can rattle off a ton of misc details about the tractor but I'm sure you guys would appreciate information relevant to what you need to know.

I'll take another look at U-Ship but I'd still prefer no broker... Call me stubborn :whistle:...

Two pictures are attached. Work will be done prior to shipper arrival to make the tractor ready to ship.
IMAG0133.jpgIMAG0134.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, exactly the details I wanted. Holy .... . Is that a Case tractor?

Can't help you with transport; the Czech Republic is a bit too far away for that, but would love to help with restoring it.

We are preparing a large project to restore narrow-gauge railroads including some steam engines. My son is a master blacksmith and has a large blacksmith workshop in the forest. He is going to install his 130 year old steam power hammer this year. He also occasionally makes parts for steam engines and has made suspension and other forged parts for a replica of the first trolley bus in the Czech Republic.

Trolleybus velenice.jpg

If you need some blacksmiths to make parts for the tractor, we can do it from here or come over and do it on location, let us know. So yes, although its outside the line of the thread, I would love to have more details and more pics. It might help you to get some enthusiasts to come help with the transport once they see what they are supposed to move.

The tractor is a M. Rumely actually. Specifically a 25hp double cylinder plowing engine from about 1910. One of the biggest they made. It's going to be used to build a 30hp double model with a Canadian boiler that I already have. I'll keep you in mind for help though like you said, the Czech Republic is rather far. You guys must have a lot of fun between the military stuff, blacksmithing, and steam. I'll pull together some more fun information about the tractor but I may just send it to you instead of posting it.

Here's a picture of a friends 1911 36hp Rumely, basically the same thing just a little bigger.
April 2016 Rumely completed 143.jpg

fasttruck

If you can get the width down to less than 102" this will make the project easier and more attractive to the truckers. Over 102" and permits are required and restrictions on routes and travel appear which will dramatically increase the cost. No night travel, etc. How many states are involved ? Six? Height, weight, and length should not be an issue for most haulers, just width.

Sorry I can't help you with the transportation needs but was that you that had a HEMTT Wrecker trucked into Ridgefied a few months ago?
Nope, wasn't me. I'd wish it was me though! I could use that, or a M1070!

Fasttruck:

I believe I stated that it can be brought down to the standard width of 102" or even 96" as long as there is some extra deck space. Maybe I just worded that part poorly. There would be 5-6 states involved depending on the desired route.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks