• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tractor with a bed?

DavidWymore

How about instead of taking one axle off a deuce you started with a tractor and put a stubby bed on it. Then you'd be shorter and still have 6 wheel drive. has it been done?

vtdeucedriver

Someone on here has done that and its SWEET!!! I am a purist and hate seeing chopped deuces but dam that looks sharp. If I came across another M52, I would consider it.

wtrout

Mine is a tractor that has a 10 foot bed on the back; I think it is a pipe line bed.
It was done that way when I got it. Over all it is only about 8" different the a standard duce.

Someone (local fire dept) did that to the wrecker bed that was on my M543 - they cut off the rear winch and put on a 5th wheel pad - modded the rear wheel covers and then built mounts for the crane to be stowed forward... needless to say I am replacing it with a standard bed - mostly for the 45K winch that was removed!

Matt