• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer bolt pattern

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are any of the smaller trailers (M416/M100 type) that have the same 5 bolt hole pattern as the M1009 CUCV?

If not anyone done a project like this?
The M1009 has a 6 bolt pattern.

Unaware of any military trailer that has this pattern.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The 416 tailers were usually pulled by a M151 and had the same bolt pattern.

The older 101 style trailers had the same bolt pattern as the M37 and were often pulled by them.

I think some of them were refitted with axles that had the same bolt pattern as the 5/4 ton pickups.

But my memory is fuzzy sometimes.

Barrman

The early 101 trailers never got the same bolt patter as the M715. There was an adaptor made to mount the M715 6 lug on the M37 pattern trailer though. Only used 3 lugs on each side. Not really something you want to go far with.

People have put different hubs on 416 trailers so they match up with Jeep's. I haven't seen or researched doing the same for the 1009 pattern. I guess with the proper bearing sizes and spare hubs it could be done. Probably have trouble getting the brakes to match up as well.

paramilusmc

Thanks for clearing that up, haven't seen my M1009 in 8 months.

I would like to use the same wheels and tires on a trailer to accommodate both truck and trailer in case one goes down.