• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Bows compatible to an M37 ?

modified

will this set of corner bows fit an M-37 ? Is it the correct type

I got this set available if anyone is interested. Assuming someone in this forum might need these parts..

Some of the stakes require attention. ALL the corner bows appear straight. will need all new wood pieces. Not well versed on trailers. I suspect these are for a M105 OR M101 Trailer ? or cargo bows for a large truck perhaps?. I wish to sell as a whole package as I need the space.

FS: TRAILER BOWS,GATES, AND BRACKETS - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Attachments

modified

I ask because a fellow member is interested in purch this set for his M37.
Dimensionally they will work with no modification ?
Has anyone any pics to share as example? thanks for the response Jay[thumbzup]

modified

Surplus City in CA, has these available and claim they are NOS Corner Bows for the M-37. They appear identical to the ones I'm selling less the tapered leg attachment thats bolted on ....:confused:

Attachments

Last edited:

modified

thank you Bill for your photo ref.... might I trouble you for measurements of the bows themselves:
-thickness or OD
-from center to end length?
thanks

Dodge man

Yep even will work for a WWII Dodge. Not correct but will work.
Ok, so what's different about them? They look exactly the same as the ones shown on Cabell Grabee's, and others, websites (see <http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos7.htm>. CG says that the ones for the M101 have bolts that run cross ways and that the ones for the M-37 have bolts that run lengthwise as these do. I don't know for certain but I suspect that the M-37 style bows were used on at least some M-101 trailers since I've seen that style on several different ones.

BTW does anyone have a link to a PDF copy of the trailer TM that covers the M-101A1? The copy on this site only covers the later models.

Dodge man

Cabell Used M101 bows for his M37. Ask him about them , I know for a fact he can tell you all about the M37's bows and the M101's bows.
I've sent him two e-mails but haven't gotten a reply. If you read his webpage about Bed Wood he says that the first set of bows he got were for an M-101 but that he later got the correct M-37 bows from a friend in Ocala. That's also where he stated that the bolts in the M-101 bows are cross ways and hit the canvas but the M-37 bolts are lengthwise and don't hit it.

Here's a cut and paste from his page:

When I got around to fabricating the wood for the bows, I realized that I had mistakenly purchased bow corners for the M101 series of trailers (3/4 ton trailer). I sent an email to my budy in Ocala and had a set of the corect corners sent to me and set off to the same building supply outlet for some more wood.

Dodge man

I was looking around the G503 site tonight and found this thread about a restored M101A1 trailer including pictures <http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=149651>. These appear to be the "M101 type bows" that everyone has been saying aren't correct for the M-37. Look at them closely, they're VERY different from the M101 bows that Modifed has. Besides the direction that the bolts go, the ends are cut differently on both the sides and front and back. There are also no squarish holes in them or dimples to stop the bows and stakes from going in too far. Also Modified's bows have a seam on the inside of them. I don't see any seam in the bows shown on the M101.

My guess is that this type bow was used on the WC vehicles and then later on some M-101s but the bow was redesigned in part to correct the bolt/nut against canvas problem and that the M-37 and some M101s used the later type bows that Modified has.

Dodge man

FYI I've been looking into this and yesterday I finally got a copy of TM9-2330--202-14P 'Trailer, Cargo: 3/4 ton, 2 wheel M101 and M101A1 Chassis, Cargo: 3/4 ton, 2 wheel M116 and M116A1' dated August 1962. In it it clears shows the bows for the trailer and they do not have the square holes and the bolts do go in from the canvas side just as shown in the photo of the restored M101A1 in the link that I previously posted. So the bows that Modified has are NOT for the M101 or M101A1 trailer, at least not in 1962. I'd like to find a manual for the M101A2 and see what it shows. My guess is that his bows MAY be correct for it. but I'm sure that they're also correct for the M37. Unfortunately this manual doesn't breakdown the side rails and top so it doesn't give PNs for the bows. I'm attaching a picture of the M101 and M101A1 from the 1962 TM.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks