• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trailer brake controller

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brake controller

DSCN0012.jpgYes .... one of the earlier Tekonsha (4 or 5 years old) controllers. I just tapped 12 volts from the lower battery. I don't make it a habit of using a lot of power that way, but thought its so seldom used, that I could get by that way... and it works fine. The trailer lights are LED, so they don't care about standard 24V.

Last edited:

dilligaf13

That's exactly what I'm looking to do. What did you do to receive a 12V electrical signal, to the brake controller, for when the brakes are activated? I was looking to tap into the 24V coming from the brake pedal and stepping it down to 12V.

Did you use the 12V/24V LEDs or just go with the less expensive 12V LEDs for your trailer lights? Thanks.

162tcat

On one truck I have a 24v to 12v converter. On another I run a separate 12v system (additional alt and battery) and use relays to convert signals from 24v to 12v.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks