• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer cable plug, MS75020-2 for M1101 lights

hound46

Hello gentlemen-and any ladies here,

I'm thinking I can wire a civilian connecter that fits my vehicle to this and have an interface system that will work connecting to my M1101 trailer(not picked up yet) leaving all original trailer wiring intact.

http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/trcaplms.html

Is this correct?

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find the end that Erik's uses and substitute the 4-flat connector

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
hound46 your trailer will come with the plug you linked on the end of it's cable it is the male, the female for it is Trailer Receptacle, Flange Mount, 12 Socket, MS75021-2
http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/trreflmo12so.html you can run wire out of the back of it to whatever plug your truck has. There are several thread on here on how to do it. It's the same thing on the end of Eric's 7 blade converter X-6034.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not take the trailer side of a flat 4 pin connector, seperate the 4 wires, connect each of the 4 wires to the corresponding pin on the M1101's connector?

Now you have a flat 4 that'll plug into your civvy truck. The M1101 remains intact. The connection between the stranded 4 wires and the M1101 is a little fragile, but a bit of tape should fix that. Costs next to nothing....

I've done similar things when connecting civvy LED towing lights to a military towing vehicle by means of sticking each of the 4 wires into the appropriate pin hole on the truck's connector....

Am I missing something?

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Duh because a lot of us over think and I have even done that in the past but spent about $2 to buy some of these female.JPG put on the wire ends, helps everything stay together!

Last edited:

hound46

hound46 your trailer will come with the plug you linked on the end of it's cable it is the female, the male for it is Trailer Receptacle, Flange Mount, 12 Pin, MS75021-1 http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/trreflmo12pi.html you can run wire out of the back of it to whatever plug your truck has. There are several thread on here on how to do it. It's the same thing on the end of Eric's 7 blade converter X-6034.
Ahhhhh. I saw the protrusions and assumed the part above was male, but that must be where I would wire my civie plug to. And the 12 pin receptical above mates with the plug in the photo attached?

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Last edited:

hound46

I toughened(not shown) up the female housing. I switched out the incandescent tail lights from 24 volt to 12 volt(1 small 1 large in each tail light.small on top large on bottom same as the 24 volt lights were.). The rest were LEDs Long story short. Running/marker lights work when vehicle lights are on as they should. Turn indicators(upper smaller of the 2 incandescents )work as they should only when vehicle lights are on. Break lights don't work and no red running light from the incandescents at all.

wiring appears new in the trailer. I'm thinking I did something wrong on my end or a splice broke in the setup. Does anyone have any ideas to get me on the problem quick? I figure worst case I can go through it all and hook up the flat 4 directly to the male plug and investigate...any help would be appreciated though. Please see pics above for my wiring setup.

Attachments

hound46

This is what I followed(I think)

Civilian trailer wiring

Green wire = Right turn/stop light
Yellow wire = Left turn/stop light
Brown wire = Tail/marker/running lights
White wire = Ground

Military harness circut # and Pin
22-460 Pin J = Right turn/stop light
22-461 Pin B = Left turn/stop light
21 Pin E = Tail/marker lights