• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer for the new M998 HMMWV

Skinner23

I recently purchased an 85 M998 HMMWV with a 6.2. I'm looking to get a trailer for it but being new to the game wasn't sure if there is a better one to get than the others in terms of size weight and such or if it really even matters. Figured I would end up with a M105A2 or M1101or2. I'm sure the HMMWV could pull all of them but figured there may be a better on to go with for some reason that I am unaware of.
Thanks in advance! Ben

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
m105a2 is too large technically, m101a3s and m1101s/m1102s are the "correct" trailers and will share the same wheels. I like the m101a3s better than the m1101s for actual use.

Skinner23

m105a2 is too large technically, m101a3s and m1101s/m1102s are the "correct" trailers and will share the same wheels. I like the m101a3s better than the m1101s for actual use.
Thanks! That's exactly the kind information I was looking for!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M101A2 and it works very well with the HMMWV.

20160904_101536.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Twistedoaks has a trailer for sale in florida. Could bring it to the rally for ya

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

BLK HMMWV

I agree.
Try and find the M101A3 variant that is wider between the fenders inside the bed of the trailer.
Sorry for thread hijacking.
My buddy has my old M101A3 trailer . I think it's up for sale. But it's out in Ca.
I had some custom fold away beds as well as bench seats made for it.
I stripped them out before I sold it to him. He wasn't interested in them.
However I still have them.
They were great for camping .
BH

Skinner23

I agree.
Try and find the M101A3 variant that is wider between the fenders inside the bed of the trailer.
Sorry for thread hijacking.
My buddy has my old M101A3 trailer . I think it's up for sale. But it's out in Ca.
I had some custom fold away beds as well as bench seats made for it.
I stripped them out before I sold it to him. He wasn't interested in them.
However I still have them.
They were great for camping .
BH
Got any pics of the camping set up? An overland trailer is long term project/want of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLK HMMWV

I new as soon as I posted that somebody would ask for pictures.
I'm not sure I ever took any of them before I sold the trailer. but I can go back and look through my old pictures.
It was a very clean design. The brackets on the trailer were almost un noticeable .
Both the beds or bench seat took about 1 minute to install (after the initial mounting brackets mod'd to trailer.
if using both beds they touched in the middle so the entire inside width of the trailer made into one bed. or you could just use one bed .
When beds were folded up they basically were the thickness of the fender bump in the trailer so you didn't loose any capacity.

Or they could be removed super easy.

PM me your email addy and I look around for some pictures
BH

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SS member AntennaClimber did a camper build with a M101A2.
The best camper build I’ve seen.

Look up his posts and see the pics.
Extremely cool trailer and design.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks