• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer ID Help

Hi I'm looking for help identifying this trailer. It sits abandoned in a piece of property and, before I knock on their door, I'd like to arm myself with knowledge. I'd also be curious to know what you guys think I should offer for it if I choose to do so.
Any things I should look for when purchasing a yard art trailer like this?

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to me like a M105 trailer... if it has 6 lug nuts. The other trailer is I think an M101 if it has 15 lug nuts... They pulled the M101's behind M37's and the M105's got pulled behind Deuces... for the most part.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is an M105. Weighs 2750# empty. If you plan on moving it with your Oh-9, either bring a hi-lift or eat your Wheaties. That tongue is heavy and even if it does have the factory tongue jack, it won't drop down to average hitch height.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely a 105 they are good trailers and can be found at time for less than scrap price and they are virtually brand new with fiberglass bows and tarps! At one time in Kansas they were coming up on GL by the semi load brand new never even assembled with full bows tarps tires etc. just not put together yet and they sold for less than their scrap value! About 235$ per trailer if I remember! If you get it dont put much into it because you can get a really nice one ready to go for around 500.00 or less if you shot around!
KK

mikey

I am 100% confident that the trailer in that picture is an M101 and it will trail well behind your M1009 or any light truck.

Assuming it's in good condition, I'd offer $250 but I'd personally go as high as $450.

Mikey

KsM715

You would be 100% wrong then. It's a 105 or one of those versions. Can't tell if it has a tailgate on the front of the box as well ( 103 or 104, I can't remember) but the side racks are tall and the frame sits way to high on the tire to be a 101

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am 100% confident that the trailer in that picture is an M101 and it will trail well behind your M1009 or any light truck.

Assuming it's in good condition, I'd offer $250 but I'd personally go as high as $450.

Mikey
I would not play the lottery tonight. The M101A1 (or any 101) side racks only have 3 boards and they are very close. They also have swing open rear gates. Looking at the pic posted shows racks with 4 boards and a 1 pc gate. Another dead giveaway is the height of the rear crossmember. Even the M101A3 only has a 3" high frame.

Attachments

Last edited:

mikey

I would not play the lottery tonight. The M101A1 (or any 101) side racks only have 3 boards and they are very close. They also have swing open rear gates. Looking at the pic posted shows racks with 4 boards and a 1 pc gate. Another dead giveaway is the height of the rear crossmember. Even the M101A3 only has a 3" high frame.
You're right, my bad. The side rails are way too high. But those wheels look like 5 lug recessed dish wheels, not like the wheels on any M105 that I've ever seen...

m101.jpgm105.jpg

Mikey