• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer ID

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like one of the M103A3 welding trailers, but this one appears to be on a CMT-F type chassis. A lot of the body is ABS plastic, and the roof pops up as a canopy.

Cheers

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Do you still have the GP link? CRCT is about the same size but doesn't have all the bells and whistles like one.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks like one of the M103A3 welding trailers, but this one appears to be on a CMT-F type chassis. A lot of the body is ABS plastic, and the roof pops up as a canopy.

Cheers
I dunno about the body being plastic Rory, it has louvers punched in it, that leads me to believe its tin/aluminum. I haven't heard of the CMT-F trailers, what do they consist of?

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone tell me what trailer this is? Was on GP site. Been waiting on them to list another one.
Howdy,
I too looked at that trailer when it came up for sale. I think the trailer is a hybrid, I would think mostly aluminum since it is made by Silver Eagle.
Silver Eagle S/A Enclosed Utility Trailer GovPlanet Link

I think GovPlanet could not find a proper folder description for the trailer. I also believe the US paid a lot more than that original price tag they are showing.

FloridaAKM

I totally missed that trailer when it came up for auction last year. It looks to be brand new & unused, but completely stripped of all the contents before being turned into DLA for auction! Thanks for posting that picture & link!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I dunno about the body being plastic Rory, it has louvers punched in it, that leads me to believe its tin/aluminum. I haven't heard of the CMT-F trailers, what do they consist of?
Chris a bunch of CMT-F's came up 2 years ago down in Hood and folks couldn't figure out what they were for cmtf.jpg

I haven't seen any CRTC's come up yet they are mobile beer caves! CRCT-Trailer.jpg

Don't know about the roof on that one, but several of the those Hyd shop trailers that looked like that I have seen the roof was a plastic/composite of some sort to make it lighter to lift it up.

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"A lot" of the body. :p
I'm going on the M103 ones I have looked at up close, mostly ABS with some metal. All cool!

CMT-F is just a flatbed version of the M1101/1102 types. What they put generators, A/C's, etc on.

Cheers..R

PS- the first of Mwmules pictures is mine that I got off Ft Hood. Still don't know what it was for, except it was USAF, and someone told me it was part of a tactical drone system, but in what capacity is a mystery.

Attachments

Last edited: