• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer light adapter

choll

I tried seaching but Im hitting the right words to come up with something. Im looking for the person that made the trailer wiring harness to fit a regular trailer while hooking into the spot on the blazer bumper. Thanks

Ken_86gt

I made one, bought a military trailer wire/plug on ebay and attached the appropriate wires from the bundle to a flat four standard connector. Took about an hour to do it. I just used a volt meter to identify the needed wires. I have seen this commercially for sale for around $75 or more, but I don't remember where I saw it. I did it for about $30.

1986Blazerk5

I made one, bought a military trailer wire/plug on ebay and attached the appropriate wires from the bundle to a flat four standard connector. Took about an hour to do it. I just used a volt meter to identify the needed wires. I have seen this commercially for sale for around $75 or more, but I don't remember where I saw it. I did it for about $30.
Post how you made it i want to make one but not sure how

armytruck63

I did the same thing as Ken_86gt about nine years ago as a temporary way to tow a car trailer with my M1009. I am still using my temporary setup.

Ken_86gt

I did get the pin out from the cucv that is available on the web, try this post as well: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/48713-trailer-plug-adapter.html

But what I did was identify the ground wire and then tested each of the wires for 12V when the light swich was turned on, the brakes pressed, and turn signals. Then I wired those to the flat connector. Then I trimmed and taped up the rest to try and make it neat and water resistant.

On the OD Iron site you can see which of the pins you are likley to going to use: http://www.odiron.com/store/images/MS75020-1-ADP (3).JPG

I didn't take the connector apart though.

Last edited:

Ken_86gt

Pin out:

A, C, H - blackout tail lights and blackout clearance lights (all three pins are electrically connected together within vehicle's wiring harness)

B - brake light and left turn signal light

D - ground

E - tail lights / clearance lights

F - blackout brake light

J - brake light and right turn signal light

K - auxillary power feed used on semi tractor only

L, M, N - not used

B,D,E, and J should be what you will end up using. But verify with a meter before you tape it all up.