• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Mod...

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a couple of threads on installing one of these on a truck. The same techniques could easily be applied to a trailer. I plan on doing something similar to my 5 ton. I can't find the thread using search right now, but there are some pretty cool ideas from other members out there. Keep searching, if I find the links I'll post them back here. :beer:

OEFISHER

I installed one of those on my Deuce. Scraped the hand winch, it is junk and mounted a small 3000# electric winch on mine. If your old with a bad back like me it is the greatest mod ever. Sorry I don't have a good pic with the new winch installed. I got the winch on sale and only cost $40. A little rattle can camo and it blends right in.

Attachments

Mikey90744

I installed one of those on my Deuce. Scraped the hand winch, it is junk and mounted a small 3000# electric winch on mine. If your old with a bad back like me it is the greatest mod ever. Sorry I don't have a good pic with the new winch installed. I got the winch on sale and only cost $40. A little rattle can camo and it blends right in.
if you dont want to replace the winch or dont wanna spend the money you can just double the cable up to for the mechanical advantage. more cranking but less force

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yes, I put one on the tailgate of the deuce. I agree with the mod to elec. I use it to load / unload tires or gen set . anything heavy the old back dosen`t like. I`d go for it .

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same here - it's on the plan sheet for project to get done this year. I always hate it when I have to beg a neighbor to borrow a tractor to load something in the back end of the deuce prior to a show. Come to think of it, I miss having a M332 trailer that was low to the ground and easy to load the big stuff in. :???: Too many projects, so little time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That winch is not safe/rated for overhead lifting. Be careful.

Attachments

Last edited:

M1key

Thanks Doghead, I did not even think of that.

Will have to consider "testing" the unit.

I can always use it as a winch.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a couple of those winches. Let me caution you one one thing. A press of the button and the winch runs for a specific amount of time. In other words, when you release the button on the remote, it won't stop running for a second or two. Familiarize its operation before using it. Other than that, its a decent cheap winch.

HUMONGO

Well guys I took your advice and ordered the crane and a 3000lb remote controlled winch from them for $50. (If anyone is interested in knowing the coupon code to get 50% off of the winch let me know.)
Camouflage 12 Volt 3000 Lb. Capacity Wireless Remote Controlled Portable Winch with Roller Fairlead

I ordered both items and some other things and my shipping was $13.99!!
I added a 7 pin RV plug harness to my 101, I think I just figured out what to do with the other power leads!:)

pigfoot63

I have one of these mounted to a plate that slides into my recieiver hitch. I installed a electric winch with hand remote to operate. I get my power from a nato plug mounted on rear bumper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks