• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer question

gene

Am thinking of getting a trailer for my M35 and was wondering what would be the best trailer for off road stability/carry capacity on a deuce that was loaded with 4 to 5 thousand pounds of weight in the bed. Thanks.

Gene

gene

thanks Will. thought maybe a 2.5 ton trailer would be good but with a load on the deuce and the terrain rough the m105A2 is prob better

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have towed my M105A2 thousands of miles with more than a ton and a half in it. One of the better trailers the Army ever bought. My M969 is my choice if I am hauling logs out of the timberland since it is a 5 ton and has had a lot more than that on it with six 40 diameter logs on it.

acetomatoco

The ton and a half is the conservative rating for offroad... You can put a bunch more in it for on paved or improved gravel roads.. The weak point will be the tires.. have good tires and check the max load rating for them... 1100s as on the M34..will give you more clearance and carrying capacity...don't forget to use low range in your xfer when off road...none of this clutch slipping for starts in high range second which I see so often in deuceophiles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks