• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Recovery FL to LA

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GE, I just went down to the flightline to look around. There are 3 down there, exactly like yours. Marked 20mph max towing speed. The lights had a recepticle like a mil semi trailer, and they had a manual parking brake actting on the back wheels only.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
zev best bet is to try and get a local guy to do a pick up.. or i have a guy here that does hot shot with long trailer and 1 ton pick up.. but that can get pricey by the mile both ways. if it was at a members house then pickup could be on the weekend

goldneagle

Called today to brokers and got a preliminary quote of $675 to ship to my address. He said he could probably get it down $100 if he shopped around. Considering it would cost me approx. $300 in fuel I will just have it shipped here.

STOREMAN: I'm just stubborn! It seemed like everyone was making educated guesses about the trailer. FERRO actually came up with facts based on real data by looking at the same trailers on base.

FERRO: Thanks for going to all the trouble and coming up with some solid facts! I owe you one.

TO EVERYONE ELSE: Thanks for the advice. I apologize for being so stubborn! I am on a tight budget and was hoping to keep expenses down by picking it up myself. I need the trailer for storage on my property. i was not intending to use it as a road trailer.

goldneagle

zev best bet is to try and get a local guy to do a pick up.. or i have a guy here that does hot shot with long trailer and 1 ton pick up.. but that can get pricey by the mile both ways. if it was at a members house then pickup could be on the weekend
TIM: I had this tread here for over a week asking for transportation needs and no one has chimed in to volunteer to pick up the trailer locally or help transport it to Slidell. Now that my EUC has cleared (too soon) and pickup days are limited to Tuesdays from 8:00 to 12:00 I don't have the luxury of waiting.

I got myself into this mess and I guess I will get myself out of it! I feel like I am always asking for favors from members but have not been able to return the favors. Look at all the stuff you did for me but never asked me for any favors in return. i am glad at least I got those tires to you... :grd:

cxcman

Ok not knowing how wide it trailer is it may be possible to rent a uhaul drive up trailer and with a winch or some brute force push it up there you could be able to go 55 or so

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JB asked twice in this thread exactly where it was in N Fla. He might be able to help but not knowing where makes it tough. N Fla is 360 miles wide. With that said I went back and looked at the other thread and found that it's at Tyndall AFB, Panama City area. The old members map shows no one real close, JB is about the closest in Tallahassee. Any idea what this thing weighs?

goldneagle

JB asked twice in this thread exactly where it was in N Fla. He might be able to help but not knowing where makes it tough. N Fla is 360 miles wide. With that said I went back and looked at the other thread and found that it's at Tyndall AFB, Panama City area. The old members map shows no one real close, JB is about the closest in Tallahassee. Any idea what this thing weighs?
GL AD said 7000#. The additional info said 5 ton capacity rating. Its a 315 mile trip to my location.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
U-Haul eh? I think it was Alredneck that rented a Ryder flat bed straight truck and went to VA to get his deuce. They put it right up on the deck of the Ryder truck!

goldneagle

U-Haul eh? I think it was Alredneck that rented a Ryder flat bed straight truck and went to VA to get his deuce. They put it right up on the deck of the Ryder truck!
This trailer is 20 foot long and 8 foot wide 10 foot tall. I don't have any way to get it off a flatbed truck. I am not blessed with equipment like some of the members have. No front end loader, no backhoe no forklift, no wrecker! I don't even have a winch on my Deuce yet!:(

goldneagle

Well the trailer has arrived by truck to Slidell. They will deliver it tomorrow morning 8:00AM. We hope to get it unloaded without any problems. We plant to secure the steerable axle straight so it will not try to jackknife when we unload it. I have not seen it on the truck yet so I am not sure how it will go. We will see in the morning.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter