• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Safety

Srjeeper

Goin out on a limb here, but he was able to still log miles and it didn't leave him stumped for a way to get it home. :doh:

2cents

plym49

It's a field expedient. Not damaging the trailer or the road. Better than standing at the side of the road as a victim, with a dumb look on your face. Of course if he had greased his wheel bearings that tree would not have had to die in vain.

jesusgatos

Roger that, FM 20-22, page 95.
FM 20-22 for those of you not familiar, is the Vehicle Recovery Operations Field Manual. This book is priceless, and should be in everyone's glove box that goes off the beaten path. This FM has saved my bacon once or twice.
Sorry Kenny, I just type slow.
Link? Anybody?
It's a field expedient. Not damaging the trailer or the road. Better than standing at the side of the road as a victim, with a dumb look on your face. Of course if he had greased his wheel bearings that tree would not have had to die in vain.
Yeah, I'm with you here. Don't know that I'd try that at full speed, but I've had to get pretty shifty once or twice...

plym49

Link? Anybody?

Yeah, I'm with you here. Don't know that I'd try that at full speed, but I've had to get pretty shifty once or twice...
You know, that skid might pull better at a higher speed. It's pprobably one of those things you have to feel while you are actually behind the wheel (that is, if he is vehicle-aware). If he isn't, for example if he is one of those people that will drive for miles never realizing that one tire is suddenly really low on air, well even a blind hog gets a few acorns (my favorite Texan saying).

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May I be so bold as to suggest that the same GOOD OL' AMERICAN INGENUITY SUCCESSFULLY brought APOLLO 13 back to EARTH.

I rest my case.....

HOWEVER, as a very valid counterpoint..... What was done with APOLLO 13 DID NOT involve the endangerment of fellow travellers in other nearby vehicles.

CASE DISMISSED :!:

roflaua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks