• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Security

Ripcord01

Another thread sparked my interest in this. Has anyone ever attempted to fab a lock for the Lunettes on their trailers? I have an idea for a lock but thats about it, No means to make it reality! Besides chaining the trailer to poles what are we to do?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Three things help stop trailer theft:

1. Secure pintle or ball hitch locks.
2. Secure site storage/garage/shed.
3. 12 gauge high velocity lead trauma.

Ripcord01

the locks I have seen on google are useless. One could easily take the bolts out with the right tools. I was thinking more on the lines of a simple steel cover for the lunette. Or as others point out bolt cutters..I am always a day late and dollar short. I though I was on to something ..well crappers.

Ripcord01

My friends that just got stolen which sparked this thread was still attached to the truck.
Dude needs to move out of the "hood".

on other thought, since the trailer was still attached to his truck, his auto insurance should cover the loss. I have Allstate and they would cover any loss as long as it is attached to insured vehicle? And some home owners have written in the policies that it would cover theft of atv's, trailers. sheds, ect.

A free plug..[thumbzup]

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RIPCORD01 your funny,

I say remove the lunette or pintal ring.

Thats what I do with my 105

Last edited:

mistaken1

A school I work for has a large pair of bolt cutters. They use them to cut the locks off lockers that students left in place past the removal deadline. Whatever you do the pad lock needs to be shielded so that bolt cutters cannot reach it.

In reality all we are doing is encouraging the amateur thieves to look for an easier target and inconveniencing the professional thieves.

Ripcord01

A school I work for has a large pair of bolt cutters. They use them to cut the locks off lockers that students left in place past the removal deadline. Whatever you do the pad lock needs to be shielded so that bolt cutters cannot reach it.

In reality all we are doing is encouraging the amateur thieves to look for an easier target and inconveniencing the professional thieves.
That is not my intent, But thinking of it you are right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks