• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer to China

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
As much as I would like to see it smelted in the US I have no illusions that it will.

Krupp Steel is building a big plant in south Alabama....maybe some of our scrap will be sent there instead of overseas. ThyssenKrupp Steel USA, LLC

It is ironic that the steel from Krupp of Germany built most of the heavy weapons for Nazi Germany during WWII.

Tlauden

?? im confused, looks like a perfectly good frame?? would make for a awesome flat deck trailer for hauling all the smaller toys around.

or am i missing something here

:lost:

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It looks like a M750 trailer chassis. Does it have 900x20s on it WM? If so one of the deuce tractor guys should want it as it is the only tandem trailer made for the deuce tractors. At least those guys making deuce tractors should buy the spring stuff and use them under their deuce tractors for more weight carrying capability. Hard to find M750s that are being scraped out.

Last edited:

Katahdin

The thread title made me think of the dry dock Bath Iron Works towed in from Shanghai 10 years ago. They use it to build destroyers, maybe some of that steel actually came back to the US. Its a shame that thing wasn't built here though.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
?? im confused, looks like a perfectly good frame?? would make for a awesome flat deck trailer for hauling all the smaller toys around. or am i missing something here.
It looks like a M750 trailer chassis. Does it have 900x20s on it WM? If so one of the deuce tractor guys should want it as it is the only tandem trailer made for the deuce tractors.
It does have 900X20 tires on it....good tires that will be transferred to the rear of the M275.

I was planning to make a lowboy out of it by adding a beaver tail onto it. Someone on here did one while back and it looked good. I was going to pull it with the M275.

The issue with that is weight......with a load on it the 275 would be dragging azz.

The front deck also has a bad dent in and some rust where the load banks sat on it.

I removed the tail lights when I dropped the van body off of it.

If someone wants it whole I'll entertain offers but scrap value is prob around 6-700 bucks.

Payment would have to be quick but I'll hold it for a serious buyer.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM, I may know a guy that will give you more than scrap price for it. He's been looking for a short trailer to put a log bunk on. I'll run it by him tomorrow and see if he's interested.

spicergear

I'd hide a lower profile civvy/commercial 5th wheel under the bed on my tractor if I had that. Oh, um...to qualify that so it makes sense; military double axis 5th wheel is very tall, I have a tractor, I'm putting a bed on it and the military 5th wheel is too tall to hide under the bed frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks