• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer to Wrecker Cable?

jasonjc

I would have to say that one end (big rubber end) goes to the truck and the smaller end would go some kind of clamp on towbar light that would go on the item being towed. Not so much as a trailer that any truck would be towwing. More for a damaged unit.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get the bar and do you have another one???? Come to think of it I know where one is but I doubt I could ever get my hands on it??? I am interested if you have another one.
James G.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who knows? The broker says she has a guy coming to pick it up next week. THis is the same guy who was too late to pick it up last week, maybe he will be on time this next week. Eddie the head guy over at the GL site has at least been a sport about it so far.
James G.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got both bars from Austin Weber. The first one I bought was very nice but had no cable. The second one had a beautiful cable but the lightbar was fair at best. I kept the cable from the second bar and 73M819 got that bar. They are very hard to find and when you do find them they run around $400 I'm told.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
They are very hard to find and when you do find them they run around $400 I'm told.
Shoot, from the looks of it, I could porobably fabricate one that would look about 90% correct...and I do have some spare composite lights laying around..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, has blackout running and brakes as well as all other functions. Wouldn't be hard to fab one up that looks right. FWIW I have a cable just like the one on my tractor that goes from it to the semi trailer but its like 35' long. If one fabbed up a bar and could get the front plug off a semi trailer, they would be all set for towing a shorter vehicle. I searched high and low for manuals on the light bar and the only reference I've ever found was in the TM for the M 984 HEMTT wrecker. If anyone takes on this task, I would be happy to provide detailed pics and measurements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks