• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Tongue Decal M116A3 USMC

ACO43

On my M116A3 on the curb side of the tongue aft of the tie-down data plate, there was a decal of some type that was faded and peeling off. I couldn't read any of it so I scraped the remnants off. I got to wondering what that decal was and wondered if there was somewhere I could get a duplicate of it to put back on there. After perusing photos of several M116A3s on GovPlanet I found it is apparently a warning decal about steam cleaning the trailer...

Trailer Decal.jpg

Although I'm making a small camping trailer out of this trailer I kind of want to keep a few parts of it authentic that I don't need to change to accomplish this just to pay homage to its lineage. It's not a real big deal but if someone knows where I can get one of these decals to slap back on there it'd be nice. Thanks!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check classifieds and then check eBay.
Data plates are readily available.
Several different decals that have been reproduced are available also.

Haven’t seen that particular one for sale but I’m sure someone has it.

Recommend posting in the parts wanted section.
You would be amazed on what some of these guys have squirreled away.

ACO43

Since it's not a full-on restoration I don't think I'd go that far. Just thought it would be nice to stick one back on there if someone had some sitting around.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will find, that as many of these trailers that were built, spare parts (including decals) are scarce.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In case someone in the future does want to reproduce these, here is one of mine with some of ACO's missing info visible. Manufacturer is Kasel.

I'm not motivated enough to reproduce them myself, but if someone else did, I'd buy a few.

Cheers

Attachments

I'm a new M116A3 owner - a 2010 original and complete with surge breaks and military wiring. I am planning to build a utility/camping trailer out of it. In any event, as many have noted, it is too tall for my wrangler. So, I would like to put smaller tires and wheels on without changing the axle or hub. I understand 16 inch 8 on 6.5 GM wheels will work. That sounds great, but I am wondering if the large hub from the trailer will fit behind a 16" GM wheel. IN other words, will I be able to keep the surge breaks and hand breaks if I change out the wheels?

ACO43

I'm a new M116A3 owner - a 2010 original and complete with surge breaks and military wiring. I am planning to build a utility/camping trailer out of it. In any event, as many have noted, it is too tall for my wrangler. So, I would like to put smaller tires and wheels on without changing the axle or hub. I understand 16 inch 8 on 6.5 GM wheels will work. That sounds great, but I am wondering if the large hub from the trailer will fit behind a 16" GM wheel. IN other words, will I be able to keep the surge breaks and hand breaks if I change out the wheels?
You'll probably get a better response if you start your own thread about that. Also, you might want to search "wheels" in the trailer section. That being said I am currently using Dodge Ram 18 inch wheels on mine, which are 8x6.5 also, with 275/65/18 tires.

IMG_1242.jpg

The Dodge 17 or 18 inch 8 lug wheels should work fine too. Any 8x6.5 wheel, except for the duely kind, will probably work. I believe I've seen some on here with 16 inch GM wheels but I can't speak to that as I have no experience. Since the "stock" HMMWV wheels are 16.5 inches I don't know if going down to 16 inches will create any problems.

ACO43

Thanks, man. I obviously have no idea what I'm doing. Really appreciate the tip about starting a new string and the info about your wheels.
No Problem. Also, ref. the wheels. You'll probably want to stick with the stock type steel wheels. Aluminum or alloy "rims" might work but even if they do they will probably require different lug nuts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks