• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Tow Lights - HF Sale $11.99

Fudge0514

I've bought two sets of these lights (ended up giving one set away to a friend), and both sets were just fine out of the box. No issues whatsoever. All lighting worked, and the magnets were great.

Also, if you sign up for Harbor Freight's mailer, these lights go on sale for $9.99.

Lastly, always be sure to find a Harbor Freight 20% Off coupon before going into the store. You can find those online, or in their mailers. :)

TIGERFANS2

scrape the paint protector paper off the magnets, it's a mil veh, you can't hurt the paint
and definately tie them to something, just in case

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a set also, one light was wired incorrectly and one light fell off during travel. Not worth the $9.99 or 11.99. 2cents

TexasFJ

Tested them tonight. Wiring was fine, bulbs are plenty bright, everything worked fine. Magnets seem strong enough but I'll safety tie them just in case.

Maybe the little Chinese boy's wiring skills are improving nowadays...

plym49

I've got a set of them - believe it or not the same lights were bundled in with a tow bar I bought from Amazon. It's the tow bar I recenlty used to tow my OT Jeep behind my Deuce when I put it (the Deuce) away for the winter.

The lights were wired properly and yes the magnets are on the weak side. If you need stronger, place a few disk neodymium magnets to increase the hold. They held just fine as-is on the bumper of my Jeep and in fact I still have them on it - I plugged the feed into my regular trailer receptacle - supplemental (and temporary) lighting.

There's nothing wrong with these lights for the price except, of course, that they are not made here.

flyxpl

they work well for me. Tied them on with mule tape just in case they came off . A 4 hour trip on a m105 and the magnets were still stuck . $9.99 . You probally can't buy the plug and wire for that .

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I has a set and the one fell off and was ground up really bad. The magnet held to the trailer, but the light fell off the magnet. Went back and got a second set free. The second time I used HF zip ties to secure the lights and wiring. Worked much better. No problems. My brother borrowed them to get his trailer from Wisconsin to Wyoming. They are cheap, but better than a ticket or accident.