• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Transported to Ohio

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings friends. I have a 20 or so ft older car trailer that needa a ride from West Palm Beach FL to Dayton or even Cinci Oh. It's roadworthy and capable of hauling at least 4000#. It will be returning with my wrecker bed (hopefully). I will get a pic up either when tapatalk works or I get to a puter.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jdknech

does it have side rails? if so, would it need cribbing, or would it fit inside the rails? also does it have current tags and insurance(if insurance is required on FL trailers, it's not on IN trailers)?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would haul an S280 if that deck is flat across and the wheels don't interfere, otherwise a 280 will not fit on a normal car trailer. I had to borrow a high deck because mine would not fit between the wheels.

Whoever brings it up gets to meet me. That's an upside. (Not, not really.) ;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has current tags. Insurance isn't required on trailers here in FL. Lighting is in place and working via a 4 flat. It has hauled many an S280 shelters but not flat on the deck. I had built a pallet out of 4x4s to do that. We have since flipped the axles, installed all new springs and bushings so it sits higher now. I have the 4x4 stock and can put together the cribbing platform to handle the S280. I need to see if I can find pics of it with the S280. I have it, just not here at work. Thanks for all the interest in helping.

jdknech

here is the deal, my buddy (matt1970m35a) and his dad bought a S280 off GL in FL (not sure what base) and we were talking about how we were going to get it back here.. the plan was to take his tahoe and trailer to get it, but I called him tonight and ran the idea about driving down empty, and picking up your trailer.. so I will (or he may chime in) let you know- Josh

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds cool. It really depends what base though. If it ends up working out I can get the trailer moved around FL a bit. I will also make sure the cribbing is correct and the straps are on board.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to high jack. But I have 2 hmmwv sponsons in ohio that need a ride to ga. Anyway I can get on the back haul?

thanks

chuck

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tell Matt that when the trailer gets dropped off at SWB's place, I will have the genset he got from Ferro waiting for him along with some machining fluid I promised him too!

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are the 2 triangle looking things on a slant back hmmwv. They don't weigh much. 55 inches long 18 inches wide. And 23 high at the highest point.

you can stack them inside one another. Weigh maybe 45lbs or less each.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking like the sponsons on this early chevy. LOL. Speaking of which, I passed what could have been the sister truck to this. If I weren't driving there would be pics. It was the same color, flat bed. It was on a tow dolly. That's right, a tow dolly and it was being pulled by a Jeep Grand Cherokee, the 80's small ones. I almost choked when I saw it.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad you weren't about a week earlier. I just drove from Orlando to WI empty.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks