• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer value

billypop

I got 8 -003a last month out of S.C.. Each trailer came with 2 gensets. any body need a trailer or 4. Or have any idea of value of one? Located in eastern N.C. I have seen them on ebay but haven't seen them sold.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They are worth what folks are willing to pay for something they think they need.

Your discription does not tell us much.

Do you have 8 trailers with 2 gennys each or do you have 4 trailers with 2 gennys each?

Are they the M105 type trailer with two gasser gennys or are they M101 style trailers with 2 diesel gennys?

If you can post pics it will make it easier for someone to make an informed decsion as to whether they are interested in buying one.

You could pay the Premium Member fee here and post them in the classifieds where more folks will see them.

Other choices are E-bray or Craigs List.

storeman

And 1 trailer x 4 = 8 MEP-003a as billypop said in his first post. Heck of a lot of standby home power, but there is an obvious mil veh site along I-95 not too far from Goldsboro. Kind of hard to see a MEP from the highway tho.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, they are a few miles away from home but i'll get more info this weekend.... 2 diesel MEP-003a on 1 trailer
Which means it is the M103A3 flatbed 1.5-ton variant with 9.00x20 tires.

Incidentally, the M101 series only ever got a single MEP-003 because of their weight.

billypop

give me the weekend and i'll get some pics and more info........... then one day after my busy season i'm going to try and crank of some of the gensets!!!!!!!!!!!

billypop

And 1 trailer x 4 = 8 MEP-003a as billypop said in his first post. Heck of a lot of standby home power, but there is an obvious mil veh site along I-95 not too far from Goldsboro. Kind of hard to see a MEP from the highway tho.
Where??? i've live here all my life and the only one i know of is white owl in kinston,nc

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
give me the weekend and i'll get some pics and more info........... then one day after my busy season i'm going to try and crank of some of the gensets!!!!!!!!!!!
You may want try the new classifieds for the pics and info , it looks like this thread is turning into a thread like this ; parting out m103a3 . Read the last post and see how it ended.

billypop

I do remember this if it helps ... there were individual hand or parking brakes on for each wheel.... I lost one on an uneven parking lot and ran it down and pull one of them and made shape turn till i grabbed the other one!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a M103 listed for sale while I was in GA for months, In the end I gave it to a buddy. You'll probably be better parting out/scrapping.

billypop

Well I got one of the generators(1200+ hrs) off the trailer and got it to my house to work on. after washing out the fuel system replacing all the filters the unit cranked easily. Then I tryied to crank it on a 'cold morning' here and it would not crank. No smoke at all. Cracked fuel lines.........nothing. Pulled the end off the IP cleaned and lubricated. Cranked and ran fine. loaded it with 4 rangetop eyes on high.......... held it ground at 75% like the little man it is. I read a lot of threads before I started and these are and have been most helpful. A big THANK YOU to all you genset fans

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks