• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trailer wireing took out the flasher , why ?

dragonwagon

Did my research , found the schematic for the trailer plug on the deuce .

Made up a test light with a standard 24V tail light bulb . Turn on L blinker and when i tested it the flasher stopped flashing . Tail light stays on but it seemed to burn out the flasher .

Flasher is the electronic flasher unit mounted out on the innear fender correct ?

The test light lit up but it seems the extra draw of 1 blub killed the flasher unit . Im assuming that electronic flasher unit must now be replaced , Id hate to replace and burn it right out again .

recap , tester is 24 v tail light buld , tested at pin B per schematic for plug . Buld did light but killed flasher . Test buld and truck blinkers will light but no flash .

Big thing is WHY that happened . Buy a new flasher unit and take it out again would be ugly .

Thanks for any advice you can offer .

Last edited:

Barrman

Those flasher units are very delicate. Just looking at a stray ground while messing with the blinker system will cause them to go. You probably contacted another pin, the flap or the case of the plug with the test light.

Or, since you didn't seem to hear a short. Check the ground of the blinker box on the inner fender. It might have saved your box.

Here is how to check the box by the way:

Pin “A” to a light bulb which is grounded

Pin”B” to a 24VDC source

Pin “C” to ground

When “B” is connected, the light should blink about 80 times.minute

dragonwagon

There was no short of any sort took place . A pin stuck in to the pin hole , didnt touch anything else .

My big concern is , will a new one do the same thing ?

Theres a trailer plug , one has to think it is capable of carrying the voltage to run trailer blinkers !

Old uint on the edge , extra buld did it in ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks