• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailers Ft Meade

marsman

Wow the prices on the trailers at Ft Meade seemed to be very high! Over $400.00 for an M101a3 with no bows nor a tarp. I could buy one off Ebay for that price.

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last week, there was a large amount of M101A2's and A3's that auctioned out of Hooks, TX for short money in condition code A4. A lot depends on the number of trailers being auctioned and the location.

John

jimmy-90

I notice that most of the A3's with the wide axle and great big tires usually cost a pretty penny. I just went with an A2 because im towing it with cucv with 34" tires and no lift.

Nonotagain

Wow the prices on the trailers at Ft Meade seemed to be very high! Over $400.00 for an M101a3 with no bows nor a tarp. I could buy one off Ebay for that price.
Show me one EBay listing for a M101a3 that sold for $400?

'$400 is a steal for the A3 version trailer.

This time of year, trailer prices climb since a lot of people use them for yard work. Not having to drive hundreds of miles for the recovery means that a local purchase at a higher price, sometimes makes good sense.

rfischba1

Trailers at Meade seem to always go for a higher price, Meade is located in a high volume area with lots of folks grabing them up. Prices will continue to climb from what I'm told Meade will soon be cutting back on the volume they receive. More trucks will be coming.

HFDm715

lucky I got me m101a1 a couple weeks ago for just under 300, it was in real nice shape, i know an a1 aint gonna bring the the money an a3 brings, but the week before a1's without bows or tarps had gone just over 300.

Duane

Attachments

roady

The 400 is a great price. That is what I paid for my last two of them. But the ones at Meade seem to be going higher than previous trailers.

Show me one EBay listing for a M101a3 that sold for $400?

'$400 is a steal for the A3 version trailer.

This time of year, trailer prices climb since a lot of people use them for yard work. Not having to drive hundreds of miles for the recovery means that a local purchase at a higher price, sometimes makes good sense.
I know...I won mine earlier in the year for $380!:razz:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $600 for an M101A3 that had just been painted with new fiberglass racks, metal bows, and a 3-color cargo cover at Lejeune about a year or so ago. I was happy to get it for that price and I still am.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got one of them

I bought another M101A1 in the Meade sale that ended yesterday. Paid $318 which is higher then I paid at Letterkenny. The Letterkenny and Mechanicsburg sales usually have many for sale at the same time which thins the bidding.

MonkeyTime

There are no trailers available up here so I will be bidding on my first trailer from Mead in the next week. I am new to this so I would appriciate it if you all back off of bidding this time around. Thanks. ;)

Bighurt

Not having to drive hundreds of miles for the recovery means that a local purchase at a higher price, sometimes makes good sense.
I always calculate fuel and shipping into my bid. Just like I factor it into my day to day life. If the hardware store across the street is more expensive but I use 3 gallons of fuel running to the big store across town which is cheaper? I can tell you I won't drive across town to save $1 on a box of nails, when I can walk across the street.

Which probably why trailer prices go high up here, they can afford to bid another $1500 cause they don't have to spend that on fuel to fetch it.

Wish more people had good sense.

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are no trailers available up here so I will be bidding on my first trailer from Mead in the next week. I am new to this so I would appriciate it if you all back off of bidding this time around. Thanks. ;)
Keep an eye out for trailers out of Fort Drum. It is actually closer to us here in Mass than Fort Meade is. In my case, I got an M101A2 out of Fort Meade a few weeks ago that was pretty cherry and I'm quite happy with it, but beware of recovery costs. I waited for a week in which GL had a boatload of trailers up for auction. It keeps the prices in check somewhat. Avoid the weeks with few trailers.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks