• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trails of turning up the fuel

beanman1

OK I have been conducting some of my own research about best fuel economy along with power about turning up the fuel on the m1009 the fuel used in all tests was the ulsd with 2cycle oil added to the fuel (1oz to every gallon)
average speed was 60 to 65 mph

Stock= average 18 mpg no black smoke

1/32= average 20 mpg little to no black smoke little power felt in acceleration

1/16= average 17 mpg little black smoke no power differance felt

3/32=average 16 mpg heavy black smoke no power differance feltand also felt sluggash under acceleration

1/8=average 14 mpg real heavy black smoke no power differance felt and also felt sluggesh under acceleration

it took me a few months to conduct all of this but i found on my 1986 m1009 that if i turned up the fuel screw 1/32 i got the best fuel econmy and power keep in mind every truck is differant due to mileage, lifts, tires,etc.. but my m1009 is stock hieght with 31,10.50,15 tires on it i looked in the forum to see if anyone else has conducted their own research and posted it but i didnt see any so i thought i would post mine

i love this place and i love the new friends that i meet everyday

Last edited:

stump

If you are looking for more mpg and power turn up the fuel and add more air. I cut a extra hole in my air cleaner and added hoses to bring fresh air from the grill to the motor. I want to try a inline blower motor from a boat as a bost to see how much that helps. People sell them on e day for a ripoff. But most boat shops have a few scrap boats they will let you take parts off. Keep the air filter in the truck.

beanman1

I had a hole cut in my aircleaner cover with a homemade ram air with this i forgot to add to the post when i did the research hope the thread gods dont get mad at me. This research is what my out comes were i plan on building a better set up