• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tranny ?? from a rookie

deuce_m35a2

I Recently purchased a m35a2 w/ a bad tranny, The seller gave me a replacement and claims it is good. My question is, Should i be able to shift through gears while trans is on my floor?
I spin the shaft and everthing spins ok, but i am unable to put it in any gear.
I was thinking that maybe i wont be able to since its not spinning fast enough.
I'd like to find out before i install it and find out the hard way when i have to replace it again.

Thanks for your help.
Christian

red devils dude

should go in as long as the gears line up but if you spin it and it still wont go then it sounds like a problem I assume you have used older tranny's before and know what it feels like when they go in.

devilman96

Even if it went through all of the gears I would give it the once over... Pull the plugs... look for metal... pull the covers and poke around... give it a good flushing and see what is going on in there.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy a gasket kit and do it yourself. They are very easy just download the manual. I have seen where the pins in the top cover get a little rust and it will not shift gears even with the top cover off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks