• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tranny lube?

SasquatchSanta

Lucas is good stuff but IMHO overkill. The synthetics are overkill IMHO. These trucks ran for decades on GL-1. Why one would put $30 a gallon suff in where the $3.75 a gallon stuff has sufficed all these decades, escapes me. Might get better MPG from it I guess. If you must have synthetics, plan on additional leakage as well, the stuff is so slippery it won't stay in the gear box. I need to move to the country, we got nothing like AgriSupply. Heck the nearest Tractor Supply is over an hour up the highway. I've had spotty but adequate luck finding the GL-1 Supertech brand at Walmart. It too is made by Warren. Lately they've not had it, glad I bought 25 gallons last time!
After spending a lot of time looking into synthetics I tend to agree. Given the winter temperatures up here if anyone should be running synthetics I probably should --- but I don't. We don't run these trucks guys. The fuel savings I would realize isn't worth the invesement. I "do" think that 50W would work better in my transmission.