• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tranny oil level

red devils dude

I just replaced the oil in my transmission I put in 8pts as per the fill Capacity I found
and it only came up to a point one or two inch's short of the filler hole is this correct?
and yes the amount I put in roughly matches what came out.

JDToumanian

I don't see how filling it up to the filler plug could over-fill it... It's lubricated by the lower gears being submerged in oil and transferring it to the upper gears. Knowing that these transmissions like to weld their 2nd gear to the main shaft, I'd rather go with more oil than less. I fill 'er up.

Jon

CGarbee

I fill it up to the plug, add some when the level drops down about 1/2-3/4 inch below... I'd rather leak some lube going down the road then sieze up the trany on a trip...

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
reminds me.. I thought mine might be low during the road trip due to a mess underneath (was a small engine oil leak). Pulled into a truck stop at 3 AM right off the highway and asked the mechanic to check the tranny oil level (I was dog tired and eyeing the motel across the way). He got under there, removed the plug, and stuck his finger in there before I could say "that's probably pretty hot". Some cussing followed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks