• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tranny or T-case cracked!

BobM

As soon as I can, I will post pics of my tranny-T-case area. It seems that GL's forklift not only got the driveshaft, they got the tranny or T-case. It is the area that has the mounting bolts for the T-case. I don't know which this is because it is really between the two cases.
Anybody got a spare they wanna sell cheap? :wink:
The new driveshaft works great. If it wasn't for the constant drip of tranny fluid......

tlm47201

Bob, sounds like the transfer case adapter, mounts between the tranny case and tranfer case. Those should be readilly available for cheep, same as the civilian used several years, but gotta be for a turbo 400 tranny.

LanceRobson

If it's the adapter, let me know. I just pulled the tranny out of an M1009 and have the adapter already out. You're welcome to it for the shipping cost.

The TC side has a gasket and the tranny side has an oil seal with, sometimes, a gasket. All are current Chevy parts. If you need the Chevy part numbers, let me know. The cost of the gasket and seal is around $10.

If you crack the TC and tranny from the TC adapter the threads are usually pretty cruddy. Chase the threads with a tap to clean them and get any old thread lock out. That'll make it a lot easier to get a tight fit and correct torque.
EDIT
On the bright side it's a good chance to change the fluids.

Lance

BobM

I couldn't fit the camera up in there, but it seems that the adapter is all that is hurt. It is cracked almost completely around the adapter. I can't see any cracks in either the transmission or the T-case. I think it is WAAAY beyond welding! :shock:
Lance I will PM you.

pc3nmcb

Bob I know you got a offer, but if you need any other parts their is a guy in St Louis trying to sell m1008 minus axle's and bed. He has it listed on craigslist St Louis. He seems nice enough I called him about a dashpad,but his is cracked.

BobM

pc3nmcb said:
Bob I know you got a offer, but if you need any other parts their is a guy in St Louis trying to sell m1008 minus axle's and bed. He has it listed on craigslist St Louis. He seems nice enough I called him about a dashpad,but his is cracked.
Thanks, I'll look up the add "just in case"! :D

BobM

Croatan_Kid said:
If you come to find either your tranny or transfer case are cracked, let me know. I have both, still bolted together, out of my M1008.
Yeah, you did the 700R4 swap didn't you? That is something that I really want to look into! :wink:

Croatan_Kid

Well, actually, all of it! The 6.2, 700R4, and NP208. I'm not sure how soon though. I think I'm going to keep it in the truck right up until I gather all the stuff to put in the Cummins/NV4500/NP205.

I've got another guy interested in it too, must be something special :roll:

Croatan_Kid

I'll need two new driveshafts actually. Fixed yoke NP205 8) I think the front one needs to be a little longer as it sits, I moved it forward 1.5" then add the 4" of lift.....so I think it's about maxed out!

BobM

Croatan_Kid said:
Well, actually, all of it! The 6.2, 700R4, and NP208. I'm not sure how soon though. I think I'm going to keep it in the truck right up until I gather all the stuff to put in the Cummins/NV4500/NP205.

I've got another guy interested in it too, must be something special :roll:
Keep me informed, will ya? I think I really want a 700.
Any idea on how much?

Croatan_Kid

Not sure yet. I'll let you know when I take it out.

Search back and find the thread I started about building and swapping it into my truck. This transmission is full of beefy parts and won't even break a sweat behind a 6.2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks