• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans fluid bleeding under the radiator?

Jersey 93 Ty

I finally fixed the glow plug system on my '84 M1009 today. Unfortunately I noticed relatively quickly that it was bleeding trans fluid from somewhere near the radiator, but I couldn't find the source. All of the connections I can see on the drivers side of the radiator seem dry. Oddly, I can't seem to see anything leaking from the top side of the engine bay, but trans fluid is running all along the lines under the engine fan. Can anyone suggest where I should look to find this leak? Thanks.

Tnrobocop

One of two things come to mind.

1). The lines going to the radiator are loose slightly and the nuts need to be tightened at the radiator.

2). You have a hairline crack on one of the lines near the nut.

Jersey 93 Ty

I fixed it the really simple way last night... I limped it 2 blocks over to the local trans shop and asked them to fix it. $150 and it will be done before I get out of work this afternoon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks