• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans Fluids & Cooling...

badgmc56

I have a rebuilt unit in my M-211. The rebuider said to use dexron II. That is a little scarce these days so I used ATF muti-vehicle Dexron III. No problems at all with that fluid for me. One thing to consider is the materials used in the 50's were different than the later produced ones so proper fluid should be used. A lot of guys have switched to ATF and had no problems and others swear by the 10 weight.I guess it is a matter of opinion.

APM215

Thanks BugEyeBear for the link. Reminds me it's time to change my filter.
FYI. 10 weight oil is what I use. It was in It when I got it and I just stuck with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks