• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans light always on

thompsoncustom

after doing some reading on here I see that my trans light shouldn't always be on, was on when I got the humvee and had a code (73 I think) which I fixed but the light never went away the code just didn't flash anymore so I assumed the light was suppose to always be on.

What non-code related things keep the light from going off? Thanks

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More information.
The light is on any time the run switch is on or all the time?
So now it only flashes code 12?
The first thing I would do is unplug the J1 connector at the TCM and make sure that the TCM is what is causing the light to be on.

thompsoncustom

More information.
The first thing I would do is unplug the J1 connector at the TCM and make sure that the TCM is what is causing the light to be on.
Anytime the run switch is on.
Yes
Can I unplug and replug that with the batteries connected or do they have to be disconnected first?

thompsoncustom

Just to clarify b/c it's not 100% clear the way you are describing:

Turn the switch to run only not starting the engine yet, the light stays on.
Start the engine and return to run, the light should be off.
So turning the switch to run the light comes on, start the engine and return it to run the light never goes off until you turn the truck completely off.

thompsoncustom

you’re TCM isn’t seeing the crank position sensor….meaning the TCM doesn’t see the engine running.
ok I checked the resistance at the sensor and got 147ohms not sure what it should be.

Now where does the TCM read the input from the CPS as i'm not seeing it on this picture of the J1 connector. Is that what they are calling a engine speed sensor?
J1(1).JPG

Last edited:

thompsoncustom

More information.
tested it today when the j1 connector is unplug there is no light at anytime.