• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans light issues

jim1131

I previously posted a thread about this issue and I tried everything that was suggested but still not fixed. My transmission light stays on when ignition is off and vehicle isnt running, it will go off when engine is running. I have a 4 speed/overdrive transmission running in perfect condition with no issues. Fluid and filter have been changed, relay box on the rear passenger side has been replaced, no wires are loose, ground is good and transmission control unit isnt showing any trouble codes, what else can it be?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sorry I was not paying attention before, have you made sure the light is connected to the correct wires on the harness (numbers match)

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do not have 12V on pin 3 of the transmission relay with the run switch off then the light must be wired wrong.
The TCM grounds one lead of the light when there is a problem, if there is no voltage on the other lead when the run switch is off then the light cannot be on.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I checked that several times
Well then the relay is defective or wired wrong, the relay is powered by 24V with the run switch in the run position, if the relay is not stuck or miswired then the light cannot be on with the run switch off as there will not be 12V going to the light...

jim1131

Well then the relay is defective or wired wrong, the relay is powered by 24V with the run switch in the run position, if the relay is not stuck or miswired then the light cannot be on with the run switch off as there will not be 12V going to the light...
But I tried a used relay with the same results and finally a new relay and the light is still on with the switch off. All the boots match the numbers and no wires are cut or exposed but I did check number 3 to the relay and there's no voltage with the ignition off. I'm considering removing the light since there isn't any issues in the transmission or control box

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks