• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans module drain batts?

TacticalTruck

My buddy's 1990's M1078 is in a shop and they're telling him a faulty transmission module is draining the batteries. Anyone have experience w/ this?

redman333

Simple way to tell. Put a multimeter between your battery cable and the battery. So disconnect one terminal and have one lead on the cable and the other on the battery post. Put the multimeter on amps and make sure the ignition is off and check the reading. Disconnect the trans module and see if it drops. If not then you have another problem. Then you'll have to go through and start pulling fuses one by one to see which circuit causes the amperage to drop. That circuit will be your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks