• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans/T-case mount report

DokWatson

I replaced my old dented crossmember with a used one just like it. Also replaced the mounts. My m1028 uses the C style trans/t-case mounts that are sold in 2 different pieces. Check which type you have, there are a few different ones depending on your trans to t-case adapter and crossmember style.

The truck seems to behave better shifting, and it picked up some noticeable torque. The 25 year old squishy mounts rob you of torque along its way to the rear wheels. Call me crazy if you want, I went from maintaining speed on hills...to acceleration up them.

Very easy to do with a floor jack and piece of wood to hold the transmission up. I also run ratchet straps under the trans and over the frame for added security.

Last edited:

Cucvnut

all Cucv's use the same style T case mount and cross members.

ORD sells a set and you can get a set at the auto parts store.

DokWatson

It isn't a good idea to mix polyurethane mounts and rubber mounts. If you get the ORD kit, you have to do the poly motor mounts too. Not very cost effective :roll:

Cucvnut

From ord ? there 52 bucks for the transmission mounts the the poly engine mounts are 170 but that's over kill for a stock cucv you can always run the energy suspension inserts.