• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans/Transfer needed m1008

brianrbull

Help, My brother in law was driving my CUCV , and it seems the splines between the trans and transfer have striped out......Before I gt Blasted with the No PIcs .GIF I am in Afghanistan and the truck is in Grand Rapids MI. The unit is used on almost a daily basis on the farm, so it needs to be repaired. does anyone out there have a trans mission and transfer case that is operable and willing to part with it? Thanks

Brian

brianrbull

Well once upon a time.......... My truck was involved in a suicide......it seems a young girl had left a wedding party and crashed her truck into mine, KILLING her little Blazer...... all I got was a bent bumper, broken tail light and minor body damage and $5500 from the insurance company because my truck was parked at the time and they treated it as property. Thats all the damage or so I thought... I was overseas at the time and my girl at the time continued to drive it for a few days with a BROKEN housing between the trans and transfer causing the two to be at an angle. I had the housing replaced and was told that there had been damage to the splines on bothe the trans and transfer,They lasted almost 3 years .
Now It time to do something about it.
I have an off the wall question and I know some of you will not like it. but with finances the way they are at the moment it may be my only option.
I have a '84 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with a blown motor. good trans(4 Spd) and transfer(208) will that interchange? knowing that the clutch pedal and such will have to be changed? The 3/4 ton had a 350ci in it are the bell housings the same? Might be cool to have a stick CUCV.....ANY help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys

Attachments

Blood_of_Tyrants

Jeez, I wish I had know about this last week and asked me to bring one. I am in Wixom, MI and I would have GIVEN one to you if you came by the hotel. At least I THINK it's for a M1008. It might be for an M1009 or something else. Don't know if they are the same or not.

mangus580

They would be the same....

I have a trans, and tcase input shaft to match it here... you would need to take the tcase apart to put the input shaft in it.

Lawrence of Arabia

Possably Have Parts

I have a 1985 Civilian 3/4Ton with a tranny and transfer case. I am in Howell, MI. about 110 miles from GR. Have someone call me if interested. 313 590 6327 Jeff