• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case compatibility

ackcarus

I have found a used case but do not know if it will fit my truck. I have a Rockwell T-136-27 the other case is identified by T306-A and NSN# of 2520-01-047-8613. It looks the same but I have no tag information.

Thanks

ackcarus

RE: Part number

It might be, if i colud tell what parts I needed, it looks to be a bearing problem all new ones cost 900.00 and a rebuilt TC cost 1495. That’s ½ what I paid for the truck. I have no idea on how to find the bad rearing or 2-3 maybe more. Hints???

Thanks

ackcarus

I took it apart could not see anything obvious. It was hot to the touch and then started to leak. I called one of our local MV places to see if they could tell what bearings might be bad. They said maybe?? So i'll take it there and see. If i could find a used one then i could get the truck up and fix this one as i had time.. don't like my truck down. It task me, i feel the need to fix it. The mounts look the same and so does everything else. I guess will see if it fits....

Thanks

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor

hot to the touch is normal. use ir noncontact thermometer, 150 f would be ok. if you drive too fast or have too much oil they may leak, also if breather is plugged. also could just be old seals. if it was not noisey it was probably ok. if anything was really wrong there would have been lots of metal on the magnet, not just the small amount that seems to usually be there, like less than 1/4 tsp.

ackcarus

It didn’t start leaking until later, as well as making noise. I just assumed it was in the case. The fluid was full and the seals seamed fine for about 80 miles. Then it leaked out the top and then 1 front and the rear seal. There was almost no metal on the magnet, could the case be bad? I didn’t see any bearing slip going on, but??? Think I’ll double-check the u-joints as well. It will be interesting to see what the shop tells me on Tuesday.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Re: RE: Part number

Greengemdepot said:
have two in parts take it appart and call me but bearing are more than a used one
Wow! welcome to SS

Now I can quit saying
"check with Matt in Live Oak... Crap I lost his number... ask Kenny..." rofl